Life at its Finest

Life at its Finest
Cast Away Cay - Bahamas

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Adult Halloween Party/ Birthday


Colby played host at our annual Halloween party. we decided to make it an adult only party for 21 and over guests. we had a great turn out and enjoyed ourselves I think more than we ever have at a home party. Most of the group were co-workers/friends from Colby's work, I had a few friends there and both sides of our family came.
Once again I took help from Colby, Kathy and Larry for cleaning and all the guests were asked to bring a dish each. I got off without making a thing. of course I purchased chips ice among other things crazy how a simple party ends up costing us a few hundred dollars. oh well we only really do it at Halloween.
We had the house very dim but Halloween mood lighting was everywhere. The first couple of hours was filled with simple socializing and eating. Everyone kept commenting on how great the food was and what a nice spread it was! I was glad it all came together just as I wanted it. We had a desert table on the family table and all the filling food were placed on the island. the alcohol table we in the entry on the Bombay chest. it spread out nicely and kept congestion down. A large group gathered outside around the table and fire. smoking their cigars and drinking enjoying themselves. the rest of us got busy on the dance floor. gaga got the party started followed by Katie perry and black eyed peas. we moved out the furniture and enjoyed ourselves well into the early morning. we had a great mixture of people of all types ages and personalities. Best party ever! Colby and I kept saying how awesome it was days after. I hope everyone else enjoyed themselves as much as we did.




My sweet sisters and mom got me not one birthday cake but two a frankenstein and a spider! the birthday song was song and my neck we singed by the candles I bent over while blowing out the candles. Every one was in full costume as well I think we had only one guest that did not participate in that but hey, I would rather have them come un-costumed than not come at all because of it.














No comments:

Post a Comment