Life at its Finest

Life at its Finest
Cast Away Cay - Bahamas

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1st day of Kindergarten


Today was the first day of Kindergarten for Jack. HE seemed to be getting more excited for it the past two weeks or so. I am glad I didn't want a crier when leaving him, he did that a couple of times with preschool.

Colby was kind and wanted to be there for his sons 1st day so that also made it easier. He helped get the boys ready while I finished a up a few things. They woke around 7 am which was good I thought He at least needed to wake at 7:30. He tends to putter around in the morning.
We clean up his room at night so its ready to go in the morning except for his pajamas in the laundry and bed needing to be made. His dad got them some hot chocolate and then they were able to watch cartoons for a half hour while I finished my work out and Colby got ready for the day.
We then all had breakfast together. Waffles and fresh fruit! That should keep him full till noon. Then we got to getting dressed, teeth and hair then room. We got out on time but not before Jack was surprised with a new scooter. Yesterday we got him a new helmet and bike lock. He was excited and immediately jumped off his bike he was planning on riding and got on the scooter. We walked to school and met up with Tammie & Kyle and Era and Gavin.



The PTA had muffins and orange juice which Jack and I took part in, Colby was shy to have any. We took lots of pictures and left them as soon as they entered their class room. It was a mad house. Crazy every Dad and mom along with all the siblings. Hopefully its not always like that I'm sure it won't be. Once picking them up I had to run a little. I should have left when my alarm went off tomorrow I will. I thawed some burred treasure cupcakes

and had one for Jack and all his friends. They were excited and moms thankful. We road home to his new scooter constantly folding up on him. I'm considering returning it but maybe I just don't quite understand it yet.
All in all it was perfect. Until we got home. I had Jack shoe me everything he had done. He had one craft project he had done, a loving had story he cut out a hear and glued a Hershey kiss on top. He was a little disappointed that his teacher didn't give them all one like she apparently promised. I told him it was time to do homework and all hell broke loose he did two questions and got bored. We got in a fight and he ended up being sent to bed and then with the fit he threw on his way there he slammed the door continued screaming at the top of his lunges and trashed his room. So he was grounded for the day and his scooter was taken away for the day.
I gave him the chance to get ungrounded and scooter given back early by doing extra chores but he opted not to and spent the rest of the day playing with Avery. He was much happier once he ate Lunch, So NOTE TO SELF. Come home from school eat lunch then do home work. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
My schedule ended up well today. I got up at 6 and went running for and hour then did my workout then got in the shower then I took care of the boys. I'll have to speed it up a little since Colby won't be there to help me every morning. Cross your fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment