Life at its Finest

Life at its Finest
Cast Away Cay - Bahamas

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Easter with the Hutchinson Family


We had a fun Easter egg hunt. we have quite a few kids now so we split up the eggs by color. Jack had blue, Ave had orange, Kade had purple, Ari Pink so on and so on. so it wasn't a race against each other and they all had 12 eggs in their color to find. We add a lot of green eggs and one GOLDEN egg that had money in them, all the kids could find these eggs. My moms house is fun to have the hunt at since her yard is full of bushes making great hiding places.








KeriAnn and I had a photo shoot with each other too.
It turned out to be a very nice day with the weather. So glad its so disappointing when its raining.
I made an Easter dinner that had a color theme and Easter look. But hey "If its worth doing, it's worth Overdoing!" It was fun to get ready for. Although hard in the same aspect, quite the job. I made a strong decision that my baking for events is over. It seems to always make me late....correction I always make us late when I bake. When I do, it never works out on time. I cant seem to get it going soon enough no matter how much prep. I 'll either get the food done but the kids and I are not ready or vise versa. its always baked goods. things that have to rise or cool till I frost. so Cakes and bread are out. I hate showing up to my Moms house in a bad mood because of my tardiness or lack of perfect food because I didn't give it adequate time.



Although Easter looked beautiful. Everyone in the family was asked to bring a dish of course but I previously made up the menu and others were given new recipes to try. I have to admit I am a little tired of the same old same old. The new recipes turned out very good. Here are some pictures of the place settings and the spread we all helped prepare.







Easter was a fun day. We spent the day at my Moms house and invited Colby's parents.
Larry the Diabetic???


I also made clean up assignments. Nothing irks me more when I spend two days in the kitchen and a week preparing for a big family mean and then 2-3people get stuck cleaning it all up after all is done. there are 18-20 people at our dinners. Come on more can help clean up. So it went like this. Kids clear the table and put things in the kitchen and laundry room. Two adults put away the food and condiments also packing up the food for leftover dispersal. two people load the dish washer and two-3 hand wash rinse and dry and put away. No one who cooked has to do a thing. all that got out of cooking that day defiantly should be expected to help. Fair? I think so it takes not only a lot f thought and prep then to cook it all and have it hot on their plates. Its stressful. Paper plates will be used for all events minus Christmas Easter and Mothers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment