Life at its Finest

Life at its Finest
Cast Away Cay - Bahamas

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Proud Moment



Adding on to the proud day we had last week. That same day Jack had gone to Taekwondo and was tested by his master. We had worked really hard that week as we do every week, but I'm trying to get into the routine of T.W.D. along with everything els. After class he was given "tips". These are simple pieces of colored electrical tape but mean that you are progressing well and on your way to your next rank of belt "Yellow". Well after class Mater Schroeder came to me and asked if we were testing that month. This is when Jack performs his kicks, punches and form in front of all the Masters. Along with that, he needs to turn in a evaluation sheet from me himself and his school teacher, two book reports as well as accomplishing 8 chores per day for a month. A lot, I know and I love it. Americans seem to be lazy, if I may bluntly say. I love the the culture of a Korean is being instilled in my child, my 5 yr old child. Did you know that Korean children spend more time in school than any one and being a teacher is the highest paid career in their county...well that's what Im told.
Mater Schroeder asked if Jack could finish out the month of Feb. in his current class then skip to the older class. Now let me tell you that means Jack will be skipping ahead 5 belt ranks and going to the older class 3 months early. So Ya I was proud. He finished off by saying Jack is smart and well behaved.

NOW that ice cream sunday was really deserved. I smothered Jack in compliments all day long. We called Dad and Grandma and text everyone in the family about his great accomplishments that day. Jack was on cloud 9. Brimming from ear to ear. I loved to see him so proud of what only he could do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment