Life at its Finest

Life at its Finest
Cast Away Cay - Bahamas

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Food Storage


I’ve been doing food storage for our church the past few weeks it pretty involved but I’m happy to do it. Its something most people think of but never really get around to so I’m glad I got at least half our ward 72 hour kits in their home and gave everyone else the chance.
My kitchen has been in Desiree for the past few weeks. Today hopefully everyone will pick them all up and get them out but I kind of doubt it.
I put together 72 hour kits, a sheet teaching them how to prepare for an emergency, how to pack a “go bag” “go box” and building a food storage.
I’m having them put it all together over a years time but Colby and I got it all put together in January, I’m not much for spreading things out. I like it off the brain so I can fill it with something new.
72 hour kits: food for 3 days saved in a milk jug containing 3oatmeal pkg, 2 cocoa mixes, 2 tang servings, 2 granola bars higher protein and fiber less sugar, 2 100% fruit juice fruit leather, 1 pop top soup 2.5 servings, 1 1 serving beans, 1 serving canned pasta meal, 1 pop top can 1 serving mixes vegetables, 2- 1oz beef jerky, 1 applesauce, 1 corn nuts pkg, 1 cracker/cookie pkg, 5 pieces of gum, 9 pieces of hard candy, 1 match box, 1 tissue pkg, 1 ID badge,3 baggies, 2 hand warmers then you store it with 3- 2 liters of water.
"go bags" contain things like set of complete outfits, flashlights with batteries, activities for kids, poncho's, blankets, boots, whistles, compass, water, protein bar, matches, Rx, medicain, first aide kit, body necessities cleaning agents.
"go box" contains things like tools, tape, plastic, change, bucket, bags,. things you would need in order to make a place habitable.


No comments:

Post a Comment