Life at its Finest

Life at its Finest
Cast Away Cay - Bahamas

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 5

Not that I thought this would be easy. I have always been OK diet wise but I am not good enough to get the results I want until now. It usually takes me a week or two to really pin down what I shouldn't be eating. And I am getting to that point now. I see what bad things I ate yesterday and how unsatisfying they were. They only things that are irresistible when around are french fries. They are for sure my weakness. I can pass up cakes and cookies soda but fries and oh chips they are hella good. Potatoes Cheese and artisan breads.
The past few days I have been canning jams Raspberry strawberry and blackberry
My mom is the old fashion caner and does it by the book. She does not enjoy sugar free foods but I just can't stand to see me put in 4 cups of fruit and then 8 cups of white refined sugar. Instead I put
Jam Recipe sugar substitute or sugar free
4 cups fresh fruit 1 cup 100% real fruit juice with no added sugars and 3/4 C agave nectar. also includes 2 boxes of sugar free pectin

I feel so much better feeding that to my family.

I was in the store the other day and I have always liked to see what others buy. I was looking in peoples carts and was noticing processed foods, chips ice cream, candy huge bags of it with sugar filled cereals. I had a friend tell me once that all that is party food and that we should only buy those things when we are having a "PARTY" I liked that, its so true. I was proud that day to have most of my basket full of vegetables school supplies high protein foods.
I secret to shopping. I hit the produce isle First spend most of my time and money there. then I go around the perimeter of the store dairy, meats and baby items. I pop down the bread isle once in a while and down hygiene isles. NOTICE ANYTHING?
No processed food isles, no cereal isles where your tempted with pop tarts and strudels donuts and candy. This is they way you might want to consider shopping next time and see how it goes. Quit spending your hard earned money on crap that is only going to send you to the doctors and to the gym. Eat Well work well and enjoy your life. If you take care of your body, IT will take care of you!

Menu:
protein shake
1/2 Multi-grain cheerios
1 Xe-energy drink
Chicken breast
endamame beans
Broccoli
protein bar
xocai x-power

No comments:

Post a Comment