Life at its Finest

Life at its Finest
Cast Away Cay - Bahamas

Friday, August 13, 2010

Menu Day 3

Today was fine. Jack Avery and I met Colby for lunch so the lunch menu was not what you would classify as ideal for the p90x diet but I attempted to make the best out of it.
Main: Turkey sand which with ham, avocado mayo mustard lettuce and Swiss cheese
how I made it fit. took top of bun off scraped off all may and took off one slice of cheese. no option for whole wheat bread was available. about a 4" sand which
Drink: water and a V8 splash VS soda
Snack: 8 Pretzels VS chips
I later added a protein shake with chocolate mix with 4 strawberries and 1/2 banana
1 breast of chicken and hers
1/2 C edamame beans
1 cookie- dang they are so freakin good.

Jack was able to spend the day with his dad at work. He loves to do that and I am glad Colby has a job were he is able to do those sorts of things. Jack packed a hot dog thinking he would need it for dinner. and a butt load of fruit roll ups and 2 fruit snacks. I also try to have my boys eat the same food as I so they will be use to eating the right foods. Snacks at our house include sugar free candy, sugar free syrups, jams and peanut only peanut butter natural. fruit snack fruit roll ups and fruit drinks are no sugar added and 100% fruit no added preservatives or colors. I am told that drink boxes are containing toxins so we are fazing those out. Pop cycles are weight watchers and fruits are in no sugar added syrups and no artificial sweeteners.
We try to watch the hot dog intake as well as chicken nuggets. Here is a list of 9 things you should keep out of your children's hands.
http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-online/newsletters/p90xnl_039.do
We have chips occasionally but I try to keep whole wheat products and baked goods instead of fry ed foods around.
But every child deserves a treat now and then, but if I can keep it health were they won't notice others wise than we are both happy.
If my kids give me any guff I just tell them that it's junk food and tell them the kinds of negative things that sugar and fat will do for your body Jack seems to understand. He even tell people in the store with chips or Pepsi that they are Junk food and that they are bad for their bodies. Crap don't kids say the damnedest things. I just laugh and walk off. I do tell him to keep his opinion only to those whom ask.
He refuses to eat pizza at his grandmas because its junk food and would only eat a banana one day I was so proud.


If they get candy it is usually a small penny candy. I feel much better about how I feed my kids since I have gotten started into p90X Dr. Merola and the kenesyology.
It had been a great change for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment